SKU: P20-FUSION19 $1,332.00
This is a drop ship item, please contact us to order so we can provide a shipping quote
Paragon Fusion-19 Glass Fusing Kiln
The 19Ă" square firing chamber of ParagonĂ's Fusion-19 digital glass kiln is ideal for fused glass tiles. Create breathtaking glass bowls, pendants, earrings, cufflinks, and even bracelets. The glass movement is evolving. When you own a Paragon glass kiln, you can try out the newest glass fusing techniques taught in seminars and books. Enjoy making dichroic glass jewelry for your loved ones. They will be overjoyed to receive your glittering treasures. When you own a Paragon Fusion-19, you can endlessly experiment with glass fusing. Come up with your own techniques and add to the evolution of glass art.
The Deluxe Ceramic Fiber Lid
The deluxe 2 3/4Ă" thick ceramic fiber lid is standard on the Fusion-19. The heating elements are fully embedded in the ceramic fiber; this helps keep the firing chamber dust-free. The lid design eliminates element pins. The Fusion-19 heats from the top for even heat distribution across the glass surface. The ceramic fiber lid is the result of our constant quest for better ways to make kilns. After all, heat is ParagonĂ's passion.
Reliability at the Heart of the Kiln
The Fusion-19 has a two-year warranty. The temperature sensor, called a thermocouple, is protected with a high-nickel stainless steel sheath for long, trouble-free life. The kiln walls and bottom are made of 2 1/2Ă" thick insulating firebricks. A heavy, built-in steel base, complete with rubber feet, supports the firebrick bottom. The top of the firebrick walls are hardened with a refractory coating for extra durability. These features are extra assurance that your Paragon kiln is built to last.
The Optional Mercury Relay
In addition, you can order the mercury relay upgrade for your new kiln. The mercury relays are ordinarily found only on industrial kilns. The life of the quiet, reliable mercury relay has been measured in millions of on/off cycles.
For your convenience, flip a switch to turn off power to the controller when the kiln is not in use. The large, comfortable 6Ă" wooden lid handle stays cool. The lid is easy to lift, because it is made of light-weight, space-age ceramic fiber. The digital controller is mounted at an angle for easy viewing.
The Fusion-19 has a durable high temperature, water-base finish. We use water-base paint because of the low emissions during spraying. This creates a safer working environment for our employees and reduces pollution.
Optional Glass Window and Bead Doors
Beginners and experts alike love the optional high temperature 1Ă" x 3Ă" glass window. Watch every stage of fusing as your pieces glow from dark red, to light red, and then to orange. Observe every stage of fusing, from tack fuse through full fuse. Fine-tune a digital firing schedule by watching the glass and recording the temperature that gives you the amount of desired fusing. Then program that temperature for future firings. (Always wear green #3 firing safety glasses while watching the glass through the window.)
You can even anneal glass beads with your Fusion-19. Order the optional bead doors, which mount to the front of the kiln. Use your kiln to safely cool even large, ornate beads through the annealing range.
The Ease of Digital Firing
You will be amazed at the convenience of digital firing. The reliable solid-state Sentry Xpress controller
continually monitors the firing so you do not need to closely watch the kiln yourself. (Please remember, however, to check the kiln occasionally during firing and to monitor it near the expected shutoff time.) You can try out a demonstration of the controller on your computer by clicking here.
ParagonĂ's compact, 3-key Sentry Xpress controller will help you achieve consistent results from one firing to the next. The controller has powerful features that you will enjoy. Yet the controller is also user-friendly. It comes with a quick-start guide to hang on the wall for ready reference.
The reliable Sentry Xpress 3-key controller includes two modes: Single Speed and 8-segment Ramp-Hold. Control both heating and cooling with simple 3-key operation.
Features of the Sentry Xpress 3-key Controller on Paragon Fusion Kilns
- Program up to 8 segments (steps) in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Fire to a single temperature at a single speed in Single Speed mode.
- Store up to 4 programs in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold without having to stop the kiln to reprogram. (For instance, you want to skip to the annealing segment after fusing the glass.)
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold during firing without stopping the kiln to reprogram.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Single Speed and Ramp-Hold.
- Add Hold Time during firing without having to stop the firing to reprogram.
- Easily control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold.
- Program Review lets you check the program you are about to fire.
- Program the audible Temperature Alarm to remind yourself to check on the kiln at a particular temperature.
- Temperature display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of Ă°F or Ă°C
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout to more closely match the glass in the kiln.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln at a time that best suits your busy schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems.
- The sealed touch pad keeps out dust and is easy to wipe clean.
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
- Colorful, illustrated instruction manual. Before you even buy the kiln, download the manual from the Ă"Additional InformationĂ" section below to review all the controller features in more detail.
add to wishlist